After qualifying as a mental health nurse within the National Health Service, I trained to be a psychotherapeutic counsellor. I give below a list of my qualifications, which I am regularly updating with continued professional development.
My practice with clients and my own regular supervision sessions contribute enormously to my personal progress, both as a psychotherapeutic counsellor in Tonbridge and Maidstone, and as a maturing and developing individual.
My Experience as a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor in Kent
As an experienced counsellor working in Tonbridge and Maidstone, I have had experience of seeing clients in a GP practice and worked in private practice since 2002. I also continue to practice as mental health nurse within the NHS.
- 2016 Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Couples
- 2014 Adolescent Mentalisation Based Integrative Treatment
- 2014 Mentalisation Based Therapy: Keeping Mind in Mind
- 2014 Post-Qualifying Certificate in Working with the Couple in Mind
- 2013 Working with People with Personality Disorder
- 2012 BSc (Hons) II.i Clinical Practice (Psychosocial Care)
- 2011 Couples Counselling and Sex Therapy
- 2008 Post-Qualifying Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Skills
- 2008 Behavioural Family Therapy (BFT) Training, Accreditation & Registration
- 2003 Couples Counselling Skills
- 2002 BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling; European Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling; Advanced Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling
- 2000 Certificate in Counselling
- 1999 Diploma in Nursing; NMC Registered Mental Health Nurse
As a therapist, I am accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (UKRCP). As a nurse, I am registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
Code of Ethics
I abide by the BACP and NMC Codes of Conduct, which involve maintaining confidentiality; acting with integrity and professionalism; attending regular supervision; and holding professional indemnity insurance.
My Own Experience of Therapy
Naturally, I have also received my own in-depth therapy over several years so I am able to appreciate how it feels to be a client.
Arrange an appointment
To make an appointment, you can email me or ring or text me on 07919 077519. I’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible to confirm details.
Very few of us can see our own problems clearly. Let me help you get to the root of yours with my holistic counselling services in Maidstone & Tonbridge.